- Course Overview
Computer has revolutionized the way we live and work. Computer has affected all aspects of people's lives. It has become a need in our daily activities & has changed the style of our daily activities.
Our education will be incomplete without computer education. So, computer science is being the important subject in this modern world. Thinking this reality, Curriculum Development Centre (CDC) has included the computer science as the subject in the school level curriculum.
Course Title: Computer Science
Nature of the Course: Theory + Lab
Full Marks: 50 + 50
Course Objective: The main objective of the course is to provide the basic & fundamental concept of computer including the historical development of computers till now. Beside this, it also provides the MS-Office package overview along with the concept of web and internet emphasizing the development of webpages using HTML as well as fundamental concept of QBASIC Programming which will be the roadmap for the students who are interested in Computer Programming.
- Fundamental Concept of Computer
- History of Computer Development
- Generations of Computer
- Types of Computer
- Computer Hardware
- Computer Software
- Operating System
- Computer Number System
- Introduction to Word Processor
- Introduction to Spreadsheet
- Introduction to PowerPoint
Unit-3: ICT, Computer Ethics & Cyber Law
- Computer Ethics and Cyber Law
- ICT & Its tools
- Introduction to Computer Virus
- Introduction to Computer Network
- Webpage Designing using HTML
Unit-4: Computer Graphics
- Introduction to Computer Graphics
- Multimedia and Applications
Unit-5: Concept of Computer Programming
- Introduction to Programming Languages
- Program Design Tools & Techniques
- Introduction to QBASIC Programming
- Preparing a presentation on a topic provided by your teacher.
- Preparing a worksheet representing the income, expenses and saving of your family per month.
- Prepare charts and reports on paper doing research and analytics on any topic.
- Photo Manipulation using Photoshop.
- Webpage Designing using HTML,
- Web Hosting Platforms for free (Extra-Curricular Activities).
- Small project work related to QBASIC Programming.
Question Type & Markings:
- In exam paper, only subjective questions will be asked. Objective type of questions like Match the followings, True or False or MCQs, Technical Terms won't appear in paper.
- Question will be categorized under 3 different categories as, Very Short Questions, Short Questions and Long Questions.
- Vert Short Question = 1 marks for each question
- Short Question = 4 marks for each question
- Long Question = 6 marks for each question
|Unit-1: Fundamental Concept of Computer|
|Unit-2: History of Computer Development|
|Unit-3: Generation of Computer|
|Unit-4: Types of Computer|
|Unit-5: Computer Hardware|
|Unit-6: Computer Software|
|Unit-7: Operating System|
|Unit-8: Computer Number System|
|Unit-9: Introduction to Word Processor|
|Unit-10: Introduction to Spreadsheet|
|Unit-11: Introduction to PowerPoint|
|Unit-12: Computer Ethics and Cyber Law|
|Unit-13: ICT & ICT Tools|
|Unit-14: Introduction to Computer Virus|
|Unit-15: Introduction to Computer Network|
|Unit-16: Webpage Designing using HTML|
|Unit-17: Introduction to Computer Graphics|
|Unit-18: Multimedia & Application|
|Unit-19: Introduction to Programming Languages|
|Unit-20: Program Design Tools & Techniques|
|Unit-21: Introduction to QBASIC Programming|